Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Not just an exanimate photograph



When ever I see this photograph, I feel there is a lot in this photograph. It is not just a lifeless picture. I believe this is one of the best works of Nitesh. One might ask, why? Some of the reasons:

1. Effective use of "time of the day" and light to make the photo look more natural.
2. Appropriate selection of location to add that extra bit of augmentation possible.
3. The "pose of the model" was also as directed by the Photographer.
4. The mildness in the smile.
5. A little leftward inclination at the waist that makes the face look straight from neck onwards, yet the visible left inclination - relaxed posture depicted at its best.
6. Small curve under the eyes, created by making the eyes look small, depicts intense cocentration on something and pleasure of seeing the beauty in it. The pleasure part is augmented due to the mild smile on the lips.

Given time, I can write a lot more. I don't know if everyone would appreciate this so much. I know that everyone may not agree with whatever I feel about the photograph. Does it really matter?

This is my feeling and this is what I see in this photograph. Or may be I am biased because the one in the picture is myself. It is also possible that, there could be more to this act of photography or this photograph, which is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I am running short of words to appreciate Nitesh for his excellent photography.

No comments: