Friday, May 01, 2015

Taking charge of charging into your own hands

With the technology moving so fast, especially getting close to the nanotechnology, I was wondering about 3 years back. Incidentally, I had a discussion with one of my friends as well on this. While I cannot recollect exactly who now, because I generally am freelance on my discussions about innovation/ technology with my friends and colleagues, but I am sure it was a very typical discussion. What is typical here? Yes! I was just about to address that. After most of my discussions on that front, I leave with a feeling that my interlocutor thinks I am stupid. Of course, as one great person said all new ideas were thought to be stupid initially. But, here we are, already challenging our imagination!

Ok! I agree, it is time I got to the point now. It was about charging the mobile phone wirelessly. This is now a reality. Samsung has shown it to the world in its new release. Of course this was not quite the way I imagined it should be. I wanted it to take the charge without it being placed physically on a particular object. Yes! I imagined it to be purely the way we now have the wireless connectivity now. I know that could be a bit too much. But yes there is energy everywhere, the quantum and the intensity varies. But, why can’t we harness this energy to charge our phones? In that direction, I also felt, we can try another way. When we hold the mobile in our hands, why can’t it draw the energy from our body to charge itself, weird? No way! We are a great source of energy ourselves. We have enough static energy on us to burn out a microprocessor or a PCB (Printed Circuit Board). We are also having enough electricity running in our body! You know, I think most of you would know, our heart works with electricity.

So, we know what we should expect in our next wave of technology innovation for the mobile phones. No need to charge our mobile any more, just holding it in our palms should do it! Let us see, who will get there, Apple or Samsung!

No comments: