Monday, November 28, 2005

Hazaaron khvaishen

"Hazaaron khvaishen aisi ki har khvaish pe dam nikle
bahut nikle mere armaan lekin phir bhi kam nikle..." - Mirza Ghalib
A wonderful depiction of the desires of humans.
We dream, dream a lot, we desire, desire a lot.
We want to achieve, achieve a lot.

Each of these desires are worth trading life, we give everything to achieve them. Once we do that, we have new desires, we start off again. So many such!
When do we actually get satisfied? When do we rest?

This leads to another excellent work, this time an english one, by Robert Frost
"...
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
..."

We never rest, we go further and further, deep into the lovely woods, full of energy and life.
We agree to rest, only when satisifed are we that resting is another journey
"...
And miles to go before I wake,
And miles to go before I wake." (modification by me, just to end the posting).

No comments: